Best sounding turntable and cartridge for $1100

I have seen a lot of turntable and cartridges packages in  $1000- $1100, such as the Project RPM3 with the Sumiko BP-2 MC.   Project Xperience 1 with a Sumiko Pearl MM;  Rega Planar 3 with a Elys II cartridge. 

I have formerly owned a Rega 3-24 with Elys II  and a Project Carbon DC with Ortofon 2M Red (which I did not like at all) . Would like to try something different, but can live with the above brands depending on their overall performance 

Need recommendations for turntable/cartridge new or used combo that punches far above its price of  $1100.  Thank you

sunnyjim

Showing 1 response by schism

I happen to be listening to a SG 3 as I read this. It was given to me by a friend who has numerous tables ( VPI, Rega, Thorens)...it was collecting dust in a closet. I have an Ortofon 2M blue cart and a Bellari VP130 with upgraded tube and power cable. To me it sounds fantastic. When I considered buying a new table in the $750-$1000 range my vinyl junkie friend, who's older and wiser, said "you're gonna have spend more than that to sound better"...