Best Sounding Room at the HE 2006 Show?

Greetings:

Just spent the past two days at the HE 2006 Show in LA. I know there is an official voting for the best sounding room and it will eventually come out. So this thread will serve as the unofficial voting for the best of show. Let us know what you think if you attended the show.

Personally I like the sound at Harminix/Reimyo room with a pair of Bravo book-end speakers driven by their 300b amp. The front end was their CDP77 & DAP777. The sound was rich in harmonics as the presenter put it. The set up was great for a small room. The only problem is with just tuning feet for the speaker stand costs more than $750, I am going to need a lot of funds. Maybe I should put up my kids for adoption???
yollyhnet0com

Showing 1 response by topanga

My favorite rooms were the Optimal Enchantment room with Vandresteen 5a's, Audio Research 610t mono blocs, and Ref 3 pre. The Wilson room with the new Puppy 8's, Audio Research 210 mono blocs and Ref 3. The Joseph audio room with their RM25si speaker not the room with their inwall. The MBL room was also very impressive but was slighty hot which I'm sure was the room and the close seating position they were force to work with.

I noticed the show was mainly 2 channel audio which was a pleasent surprise, I expected more home theater. There was numerous tube units and turntables which was also positive in my opinion.

Overall the show was smaller than I expected.