Best sounding resistors

I'm working on building another DIY preamp and am interested in opinions on the best sounding resistors, and specifically what sound characteristics you thought the resistors conveyed. These will be used in a balanced SS preamp with an op-amp based unity gain input buffer (instrumentation style) feeding a Khozmo shunt attenuator, with an output/gain stage using differential jfet input and single-ended class A mosfet output. 

I know there are plenty of people that think a resistor is a resistor and it's a total waste of money to buy "audiophile" parts. I have personally experienced a noticeable difference between various resistors, so I don't really want to get into that argument. And please don't ask about double blind testing or proving the difference with measurements. 

I'm particularly interested in your experience with the following types.

Amtrans AMRG
AudioNote Non-Magnetic Tantalum
Caddock MK132/MK232 thick film 
Riken RikenOhm carbon film
Takman REX carbon film
Takman REY metal film
Vishay Z-foil

I have some experience with the Takman and Vishay Z-foil resistors, and have already ordered a Khozmo attenuator with Takman REY shunt resistors. I will install the series resistors and am currently planning on Vishay Z-foil. The Takman REYs were Arek's (Khozmo proprietor) recommendation. 

My current preamp (DIY) uses mostly Vishay Z-foils and I do love the detail and airiness these provide, but the new preamp I am building requires a lot of values that are not currently available in the Z-foils. It also requires considerably more resistors, and the Z-foils are quite pricey. I am currently leaning toward a mix of Z-foils and Takman REY parts, but I'd love to hear about your experience and opinions.

Thanks,
Jay
128x128jaytor
I wonder if you can comment on what kind of differences you hear with different resistors?
I haven't done direct A/B comparisons of different resistors in the same circuit, but I have noticed that circuits built with different resistor types tend to sound different. Specifically, the Z-foil resistors add a lot of clarity and detail (removing a veil as some describe it), but they don't sound as warm and rich as some other resistors. 

Cheap carbon resistors tend to sound a bit dull with less detail. Better carbon film resistors add some warmth and richness. 

These differences are fairly subtle and I doubt very much I'd be able to tell the difference replacing a single resistor (although others have claimed otherwise), but building an entire preamp using higher quality resistors definitely improves the sound. 

As an example, check out the reviews of the Wyred 4 Sound STP-SE base model and with upgrades. The with Stage 2 upgrades. One of the key differences with the upgrades is replacing most of the signal path resistors with Z-foils. 

Several months ago, I completed a DIY preamp where I used Vishay Z-foil resistors (Takman REX shunt resistors in the attenuator) for all signal path resistors. This preamp turned out to have significantly improved detail over the Parasound JC-2 preamp I had been using. It's not often that I have replaced a single component and heard such stark differences. Obviously there were other differences in the circuits, connectors, wiring, etc., but I believe the higher quality resistors had a lot to do with the sound quality improvements.
And I figured out a way to make 5 cent resistors sound like the cheapest non magnetic 1/4 and 1/2 watt resistors. for like 0.3 cents per resistor.

I think that is a bigger deal, as the people we want to reach are those who don't believe that any of this makes a difference.

And the only way to train their hearing, is to get better gear in their hands and let them listen and learn, over time. 

Where they will only do this at a price they can accept, which is the gear with the crappiest 5 cent resistors. The end.
Does anyone compared Z-foil to AN Silver Tantalum resistors as series resistor in L-pad volume control annunciator?
What is the difference in sound?