Best sounding Primare integrated amp up to $2000

I have borrowed a Primare I21 and I like how it matches my Vandersteen 1C. So far this is the best
sound I've heard from these speakers. I haven't tried many amps but only about 4-5.
It seems like I'm going to get one of these Primare amps but first would like to hear from the Primare population here on this forum what would be the best one to get up to $2000 since I don't rely much on those reviews
which can be found in press or on specialized websites. I would appreciate to hear from Primare users.
zolar_czakl

Showing 4 responses by zolar_czakl

What about I30? I've heard and read that the 30 series are much better than the 20. Have you compared them? The $2000 can be also for used gear.
Could you please explain why? If I30 is a better amp than the I21 the 1C's should just sound better with it. Or not?
At the moment I am not thinking of upgrading the speakers.
Ok, thank you. Seems like you have a lot of experience with the Vandersteens. Can you suggest a better amp of the I21 for the 1C's? It doesn't have to be Primare.
In the end I've bought the Heed Obelisk SI because so far it sounds better than any another amp I've tried. Much better than I21. My recommendation for those in search for an amplifier for Vandersteen 1C.