Best Sound Track Ever Vote for One

Just like the potato chip ad lets see how many

suggest several. If they are good and not already

mentioned you will be forgiven.

128x128jeffseight

“Singles” soundtrack. Great music from the ‘90s Seattle-centric grunge era including Mother Love Bone, Mud Honey, Chris Cornell, Alice In Chains, Pearl Jam, etc. Classic movie too. Eddie Vedder does a great cameo.

Another great soundtrack is “Pretty in Pink”. Lots of greats from the 80’s including INXS, New Order, Echo & The Bunnymen, Psychedelic Furs, Susanne Vega, The Smiths, etc. Obviously a classic movie as well starring Molly Ringwald.

I still love all of these musicians and many are still putting out great music. Obviously Pearl Jam, Echo & The Bunnymen and Morrissey fall into this category. I saw Pearl Jam on their last tour, haven’t had an opportunity to see Echo & The Bunnymen and was supposed to see Morrissey, but at the time many years ago in Denver he cancelled his tour first because he lost his voice and the second time due to his beloved mother dying.

I would have also brought up Pulp Fiction and Miles Davis’ great soundtrack for the French movie that I listened to obsessively in High School, but they’ve already been mentioned for good reason :).

Martin Scorsese, David Lynch, Spike Lee, Quentin Tarantino, Paul Thomas Anderson and Wes Anderson compile the best pop-compilation soundtracks.

For “The Imperial March” alone, I’m going to have to say “The Empire Strikes Back” by John Williams for best original score.

Seeing the joy on Mr. Williams’ face while conducting the Vienna Philharmonic on this piece on YouTube is a treat. 

Surprised Hans Zimmer isn’t getting much love here: Gladiator and Interstellar are my two faves, with Winter’s Tale and The Last Samurai honorable mentions