Best Solid State Amp For 10k Or Less

I'm auctioning off my Aragons to put towards the purchase of 'my last amp'. Wondering what people think. I have a Krell HTS as a preamp and Dynaudio 3.3's as mains. All I'm concerned with at this time is two channel sound...home theater can take a back seat for a while. My 'short' list is made up of Mark Levinson 335 or 336,Krell FPB300C or perhaps the FPB600c if I can find a deal,Classe 401, Plinius SA250. My musical tastes lean towards classic rock and jazz.What do you think?
sg69

Showing 1 response by prs123

Rowlands for a musical SS sound, (Cornfedboy is right!), or at least audition some tubes-ARC VT100's, VT200's come to mind. I have heard Rowlands and they have done a great job with even Apogees- your Dynaudios will be a breeze. I have heard Dynaudio's with Levinson - OK, but perhaps not the ultimate match. You may want to borrow some other pre's to try with your amp auditions, unless you are married to the Krell.
After all, why Pass up a killer amp match for the Dynaudios when you have enough bank for a great amp and new
pre if necessary? WIth a little fortitude and elbow grease,
you could be Rowland in sonic bliss. Accuphase are awesome, quality untouchable, but Rowlands(especially older models),
have a sound all their own, and under ten are a better deal than most of what's out there.
Happy hunting.