Best smooth jazz albums?

Hi, I'm a newbie at this hobby and my musical tastes are changing as my audio system gets better. Right now I'm really into smooth jazz and was wondering what some of the better recordings are. I have had no prior experience in this genre of music, and am looking for something that can really make my audio system sing (Rotel 960ax preamp, Rotel 965 Cd-player, Audiosource Amp 2, Vandersteen 2ce speakers, and Silversonic interconnecs). Thanks for your help!
petrtyl1
Patricia Barber -Companion
The Rippingtons - Life in the Tropics
Boney James/Rick Braun - Shake it Up
Jeff Golub - Dangerous Curves'
Dave Koz - The Dance
My Favorite- A love Affair The music of Ivan Lins

This should get you started!!!
Hi Petrtyl1

1) Any of the 'Jazz At The Pawnshop' albums
2) Kendra Shank 'Afterglow' on Mapleshade
3) 'Just For You'Harold Ashby also on Mapleshade
4) Any of the Patricia Barber albums

Regards and good listening.
AEW
Gota - Day & Night
Marc Antoine - Classical Soul
Gerald Veasley - Love Letters
Steve Cole - Between Us
Chris Botti - First Wish
Anything by Patricia Barber and The Rippingtons (great call Hiflyer!)

Enjoy!!!
My choices:
Boney James-Sweet Thing
Chuck Loeb-Listen (listening to it right now)
Spyrogyra-Got The Magic
Dave Koz-The Dance
Eva Cassidy-Live At Blues Alley (not really smooth jazz but you just gotta hear this one)
I'm not quite sure what you mean by smooth jazz, but if I were to take the phrase literally, and given that you are new to this hobby and apparently new to jazz as well; why not start with truly great music which is also smooth as you can get, and will definitely make your system AND your heart sing. My recommendations: Shirley Horne "Here's To Life" fabulous romantic vocals, Paul Desmond "The Complete RCA Victor Rcordings" smoothest alto sax ever, Bill Evans "Village Vanguard Sessions" wonderfull introspective piano trio, "John Coltrane and Johnny Hartman", Clifford Brown "With Strings" great trumpet ballad playing, Frank Sinatra with Antonio Carlos Jobim. Just a few to start with. Enjoy.