Best Small Speaker NOT B&W's 805N?

We auditioned B&W's Nautilus 805's in our living room and they sounded great. Unfortunately, my wife doesn't like the aesthetic styling of the B&W's and would prefer a more tradional looking box. We'd like to listen to some alternatives before making our final choice and would appreciate some help. Our living room is sonically awkward, because it is large and very bright. The windows and the furniture are situated to take advantage of some lovely views; but this makes speaker placement difficult. Still, we can create a quite nice near-field listening environment so long as the speakers we use are roughly the size of the B&W 805N's. We listen mostly to jazz, particularly piano and vocal. We would appreciate suggestions for 'best' speakers that are similar in size to the B&W's but with a more traditional look to them. Thanks in advance for your help! Kurt ield . look of the tweeter sitting on top of the box We have a living room in which the furniture layout prohibits anythin auditioned the B&W 805 Nautilus y wife and I
kvolk11f2e

Showing 1 response by likcau

Try these small speakers: Dynaudio 1.3 MkII; Harbeth HL-P3 ES; Harbeth HL-K6; Proac Response 1SC or Tablettes; Spendor (I forgot the model); Totem Model 1; They are all good/classic spkrs. Some are used for monitoring reference (i.e. Harbeths), and some are regarded as good-all-rounders. If you really want to get a small speakers that can sing, get LS 3/5a. They are manufactured by KEF, Spendor, Rogers, and Harbeth. Good luck! PS: I personally use Harbeth Compact 7. Not so small, but can be categorized as standmount spkrs in the US.