Best SACD player under $1500?

I was looking at the Music Hall Maverick since I don't need multichannel, but I heard so many complaints about quality control that I've just about ruled it out.

I like the idea of going with a smaller company (instead of Denon, Marantz, Sony, Yamaha, etc.) but I can't spend megabucks.

Modest system will be built around Soliloquy 5.3s and an integrated amp to be purchased in the near future.

Any suggestions?
apspr

Showing 2 responses by robm321

there are a few. I have the Sony xa777es modded. I got it used for about $1,500. The SACD is great. The redbook is really good. As much as I hear people complaining that the redbook wasn't very good on this player. I keep comparing it to other players hoping to make a change, but it keeps beating other players in the price range. I assume those comments were for the stock player's redbook performance which I haven't heard. Mine was modded from the start.
My mod was the superclock II by modwright. It is the one that makes the biggest difference, but if you have the money, I would get the truth mod because dollar for dollar you will get more improvement than going to another stock CD player.