Best SACD player $1,000-$1,500 Range

Im looking for the best audio only cd and sacd player new or used from $1000-$1500. It will be used with an Arcam avr300 and Martin Logan Summits. There are a few marantz in that range but someone told me sony makes the best sacd players. Is there any truth to this? Any input will help.
tpauley11

Showing 2 responses by mrtennis

i am also seeking an sacd player, in the same range as has been mentioned.

i note a number of suggestions. assuming each sounds different, the only way to decide, is to listen to each one. i would not purchase any of the players which have been recommended so far, as i have no way of predicting my preference for or against the player, without an in home audition.

i have already tried a marantz 11s2 and sold it, so i am leading towards an sacd player with a tube output.

the purpose of my comment is to relate, on a personal level, the unreliability of asking for advice. i have not done so, nor will i go that route.

i will endeavor to do my own research. at best, i can call modwright and ask about the voicing of the player. i doubt i have that option with respect to sony, yamaha and pioneer.

be careful when following advice.
i visited audioadvisor's website. the d3 is no longer available. in its place is the d200, a $1500 universal player, discontinued during 2008, selling for $599.