Best Rock Album in 2011

This was my favorite thread from last year, so figured I would start it afresh.

I'll start:

Foo Fighters "Wasting Light"---best album by the Foos in years

TV on the Radio "Nine Types of Light"---bit more ambient than Dear Science, but the music is first rate
keithr

Showing 2 responses by martykl

Mofi,

A friend at Warner Music told me that they are VERY high on the new Stevie Nicks record. That said......

Tonight is a big one for me. Lindsey Buckingham is premiering his soon to be released CD "Seeds We Sow" in Beverly Hills tonight and I just got an invite. In my book, it doesn't get much better than that - I'll report back on the new material tomorrow.

I also expect to receive the new Feelies CD in the next few days. Their first in +/- 20 years.

Marty
..and a pretty good week closer to the middle of the fairway, too. I just picked up new material from Foo Fighters and Wilco on the recommendation of those above. I blow hot and cold on both bands, but these are two excellent records. I also got Matthew Sweet's and Daryl Hall's fine new records, this week. Both can be recommended, although the Sweet CD is a mess, sonically.

Several of my favorites from earlier this year are Lindsey Buckingham's "Seeds We Sow", the new Jayhawks CD, the Feelies "Gone, Again", and Kid Creole's "I Wake Up Screaming".

2011 has been a rockin' good year (so far).

Marty