Best Rock Album in 2010

So its finally landed, the third album by Rock duo JohnOssi, with John Engelbert on Guitar and Vocals and Oskar Bonde on drums.

Mavericks - JohnOssi

Last year i had the title Best Rock Album in 2009, so far and had my vote out for Black Keys man Dan Auerbach, this year I will drop the "so far" and stipulate that this is as good as it gets!

Please add your best for 2010, but lets keep it to albums released in 2010.
perrew

Showing 2 responses by loomisjohnson

lots of good picks above. i'd add:
the national
nels cline--initiate (awesome free form guitarist currently slumming w/wilco)
i've spent some time with the xx and broken bells and haven't quite fallen in love. broken bells in particular is a great sounding record, but i'm not sure the songs are as strong as the first two shins records--for whatever reason i forget it as soon as its over. please keep the suggestions coming.
my new nominee is the besnard lakes, "the roaring night". they work the same beach boy complex melody/beautiful harmony thing as seemingly every other acclaimed indy band (animal collective, grizzly bear, fleet foxes, etc.), but they meld really nice, spacey guitar workouts that invoke pink floyd or the church. very well recorded; nice stuff.
i've also revaluated "broken bells", which is apparently on constant rotation at every starbucks in the universe. the songs took awhile to seep in, but it really is a great record.