Best redbook-only CD Player under $10k - Bryston BCD3, Resolution Audio Cantata 3.0, ....

I’m interested in hearing thoughts on great CD players under $10k.  I prefer single box and not separate DAC and Transport.  I’m ok with high quality used gear too.  I’ve read good things about the two players in the title and I’ve heard the Esoteric K03x and was impressed (it outperformed the Wadia 781i quite easily).  I’d be interested in hearing if anyone did some side-by-side comparisons too.  I don’t have any SACDs so I don’t need that functionality.  Thanks!
goldman

Showing 1 response by jim204

I would definitely add the Gryphon Mikado to that list. 4 AKM Dac chips,
32 / 192 upsampling and a beautiful organic sound that if listened to blind you would swear you were not listening to digital. It is now unfortunately
discontinued and has been replaced with the Scorpio because Gryphon could not get supplies of the Phillips top loading drive so it was replaced with a front loading one but all other specs are exactly the same. I must admit that I really love mine and will never get rid of it. If you can get a well looked after used one then I am sure you would love it too.