BEST REAR PROJECTION HDTV??

HI all-
replacing my current hitachi ultravision with a 53" high def TV and looking for recommendations. budget about $5k but could go a little more if needed. no real space for front projection (narrow type room and recessed space for TV - no screen), so going with RPTV. Ideas? Thanks!
bazmataz

Showing 2 responses by mg123

I think the Pioneer Elite is still considered the best, although the Platinum series Mistubishi is close. There is someone here on AudiogoN usually selling brand new Elites for wholesale prices.
I think thats wonderful that the store will match your internet quote!! Now you're getting somewhere.... I would be surprised if the Elite isn't as bright or detailed. Got to wonder if it needed a little adjustment. I actually have my "sharpness" and "brightness" turned down (set to -3) to make the picture more natural. Buy the one you like the best, thats really the point. Its interesting that you mentioned that the Mit is in a smaller package. Is it shorter or more shallow? Because the Elite screen goes to within 1" of the edge of the cabinet, except on the bottom where they put some speakers (you wont' use) and the crts.