Best projector in the 6000.00 range

Looking for a projector that gives a clean sharp picture. Short throw and which screen would work best. Looking for a used one. Would be sitting about 9ft away. HD would be a plus. Thanks
htsteve

Showing 3 responses by gaudio_eek

At the CES2004, I saw the new Epson LivingStation's. They came in 2 (16:9) sizes: 37" and 47" (14.8" and 16" deep). The retail prices will go for $3,495 and $3,995 respectively. Every who has visited this area was stunned at how good these are. Not only was the picture smooth, it was sharp with no smearing very close to the best plasma. Epson said they waited a long time for this design in order to enter the home entertainment market. From what I can tell during my 45 minutes visit (long for me at any HT station), all the dealers were crowding around this exhibit in order to get product representation.
The LivingStations also come with Photo-on-Demand feature. There are 4-5 different slots for memory cards on the front pull-down door (including SD card). Plug in your memory card and view your photos on a 16:9 47" screen. Add to this the ability to print any photo on the go. Just load in your paper cartridge the way you would load your copy paper! Add to this the ability to change your projector bulb and filter by opening a small door in the front. All plug-and-play self maintenance. I guess Epson was more looking to making money on the photo paper supply and cartridges, hence the comparatively low retail prices for these untis.
I took a picture of this unit. Also brought a prospectus back because I'm intending to buy this unit.
They should have hit the market already. Good luck.
I also meant to type 47" and 57" NOT 37". It's still too early here before coffee!