Best Preamp with Phono $2300 Max?

I'm trying to consolidate in my new small space. I've tried to make it work with small size separates (a Dynavector P75 and an LDR volume control) but the WAF is an issue. I listen to vinyl only so the phono part is particularly important. What's the best in that price range? ARC SP17 or Audible Illusions with the John Curl MC board or something else?
dhcod

Showing 3 responses by dhcod

Thanks for the suggestions. Not possible to keep the P75.... it doesn't tuck away that well because of my setup arrangement.
Hmmm. Not sure how to respond to that! When we moved she was actually the one to encourage me to spend more money on the new system than I had on the old and when I complain about the sound, she's the one that says "Feel free to buy something to make it better." She sits next to me on the couch every night, listening, enjoying. She happily finds a chair and sits and reads a book if I want to stop at a record store. She's actually quite perfect. I'll forgive her for hoping for some continuity in the visual presentation of the equipment that is a huge part of our living room. I feel sad for you that you can't conceive of changing a piece of equipment to make someone you love happy.