Best PreAmp with HT pass-thru?

Could use recommendations for a good preamp unit to take the next step up in 2 channel performance.Currently running an Arcam 7SE CDP into a B&K AVR202 reciever, to Odyssey Stratos monos, to Totem Forest floorstanders with SVS 25-31PC sub filling in the bottom. Monoblocks are still breaking-in but I already know the resolution produced from the B&K is lacking. Thinking of a unit in the 2k ballpark. Am a little leary of full passive pres for what I've read in possible diminished dynamics and ultimate loudness. (Totems are only 87 dB rated.) Ideas? Thanks all.
tvc15

Showing 2 responses by vader007

All of the Big boys offer this feature now: Audio research, Krell, Mark Levinson, Classe. What ever your taste is, go for it. I do have to say I own the Audio Research Ref II and experience a little crackling noise when put in the processor input. I was told this was from the tubes and it is normal. I have never experienced it before but this is my first tube preamp. If anyone knoes otherwise or has a cure, please let me know!......thanks......Vader
Supakit, I dont get any noise in music mode? Do you own the SE version? I auditioned the Ref II, MKII that has the 6H30 tubes like the Bat SE stuff but I dont remember if I used the passthrough or not. Thanks for the feedback.....Vader