Best preamp: Viola, Jadis, F.M. or Jeff Rowland ?

a dream test would be to compare "live" following preamps:

-Jadis JP80 MC MKIII

-Jeff Rowland's Criterion

-Viola's Spirito or Cadenza

-F.M. Acoustics 255 or 266

I had only the oportunity to compare Jadis JP80 MC with Audio Research Ref 3 ... the last one had no chance!

I have heard the Criterion (beautifull) and Viola's Cadenza (incredible precision) but on different days in diferent systems ... I have never heard F.M.

Have you had the possibility to compare these models ?
which other one would you add to the list ?
clavil
Shindo
Kondo Audio Note
Doshi
Allnic

You may want to differentiate between phono and line capabilities.

Allot of quality choices here but not really relevant until you put them in the context of related components.
I am getting a Criterion soon,, if there is any friends in L.A that owns a FM 255 maybe you can come by and test it out with me ,, love to learn more stuff,,

Cheers,,

Jackson
Clavi,
I could make you listen Viola Cadenza/Spirito and also,
all depends on where you live, I'm in France.
Viola is one of the best SS Electronics Musicality of time and reliability also manufacture a great value for resale.
Allot of amazing WORLD CLASS pre-amps mentioned above and still a few more names that need mention but that being said there really won't be any "BEST" just sonically different and the end result will be determined with the rest of the associated pces paired up with. I haven't heard every pre out there but the pre's mentioned above I have heard REF3, Jadis 80, Doshi, JR Criterion and my fav. over those is the VAC Sig. MK2a. So much that I'm now ordering the VAC Statement 450 mono's to be paired up it along with my MBL 101E's, main source TW-Acustic Raven AC3.