Best Preamp for under $1750.00

Seeking recommendations for a preamp in the $750 to $1750 range. Balance of system consists of Aerial 8's, Bryston 7B's, and CAL CL-15. Room acoustics and speakers would favour lean over lush; I'm looking for something musical without being on the "warm" side. Music preferences include acoustic, jazz, and rock. Will re-cable according to final selections
emmett
I ve just bought a Sunfire theater grand dts preamp use for
$1300.00. This is a great sounding Preamp. Great price

Most manufacturers don't like to hear this, but the hands down winner in this category is the Sony TA-E90ES. It's
an older unit, but audiophile in every way. Extremely well built. Absolutely stone quiet at full volume. If you find one here or on eBay or AR.com, snatch it up. They are
marvelous units. I got a refurbished one for $750. Best
money I ever spent. Good luck !

Tom
I'd second the Blue Circle, you can get a used BC3 for about $1600 and you'll be hard-pressed to find better near that price point..if it's too lush for you, then look at Audio Research.
The best Preamp for $1750?...um....Answer: No Preamp at all!. get an amp with Volume control. One less elctronic device which could color the sound (and they all do).
kasboot, how wood i hook up my turntable, tuna, & cd w/no preamp? and, besides, when it comes to cd, i'd much rather have it go thru a pre then be run straight-in to an amp. my experience was that a great pre leveled the playing field between cd-players from $500 to $3k. and yes, the spendy player (which was *designed* to be run straight-in to an amp) still sounded better thru a pre...

ymmv, doug s.