Best Preamp for me

Need advice on a Preamp for my system? (price range open to $7,500 max do not need phone stage)
B@W Matrixs 800 speakers
Mark Levinson amp 335
Esoteric KO3x
Transparent cables
PSAudio P10
Listen to all music from rock to folk to classical
Thanks pete
68pete

Showing 2 responses by zd542

As long as you are not looking to fix any problems with the upgrade (a good thing in my opinion), then here's a few recommendations.

Solid State: Ayre K5, an ML to match your amp, and maybe a Rowland or McIntosh SS, but with either of those you'll really need to try them in your system first. The Ayre would be my first pick.

Tube: Aesthetix Caplyso, Whatever BAT is in your price range, same thing with ARC but its a must audition in your system. The Aesthetic would be my first pick.

Due to the equipment you list, I left out anything single ended. Also, have you ever tried connecting your Esoteric directly to your amp? I know that you may not want to go without a preamp, but depending on how it sounds direct, may help you select the right preamp.
Do you need the preamp to fix any type of problems like a harsh tweeter or do you just need something more neutral. I ask because so many people find the highs on those speakers to be very fatiguing, myself included.