Best preamp for Cary 805C monos

Hi everyone,
What preamp is best match for Cary 805C monos? Tube or SS?
Decide to sell my Plinius m16 preamp.
I order Avantgarde Duo, have Plinius 14 phono stage. Analogue is SME 20 / SME V / Shelter 90X, digital Accuphase DP85.
Listen jazz & classical only. ICS are Wireworld Gold Eclipse, speaker cables Wireworld Eclipse. Maybe recommendation for different cables? Thanks.
Greetings from Croatia
planetfax
Hi,

Keep all your cables they are reference quality especially the Gold Eclipse.

Try a conrad-johnson 17LS Series 2 pre-amp for compatability. This piece is also reference quality.

You have a nice system! Good luck!
I haven't heard the Cary 805C monos, unfortunately, but I do own a Cary SLP98 & love it........
I second the recommendation of the Cary SLP98. I use one with the 805Cs and Avantgarde Unos and have been very happy with the combination. I tried out a BAT VK3i for a few months, but I felt the SLP98 had better detail and a nicer midrange "bloom". I did swap out the factory-installed oil filled coupling caps in the SPL98 for Hovland Musicaps, which improved transient response and detail.
I have Stage III Concepts Baron interconnects and Nordost Red Dawn speaker cables, but haven't really spent much time looking at alternatives.
Regards,
Jim
Greeting from Michigan (USA):
I prefer a tube pre-amp because you can tweak the sound by rolling tubes. Solid State offers less flexibility and you're only recourse is rolling cable for tone control. I understand the Cary SLP98 is a good choice. My favorite IC is DH Labs Silver Revelation; favorite speaker cable is Nordost Blue Heaven. Are good tubes readily available in
Croatia? How's the spring weather there?
Best wishes,
Jay