Best preamp for $1000 or less with remote

I'm looking for the best preamp in the price range of $1000 or less to go with my Emotiva XPA-2 power amp; the preamp must have a remote for volume control. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I'm willing to go more than $1000 on a preamp that might be worth the extra money. Thanks, Bob
bobgates

Showing 4 responses by bobgates

I should have mentioned that I'm kind of wanting to stick with a solid state preamp mainly because it will be left on continuously.
Soix - I've been using a Musical Fidelity A308 for a few months now and just picked up a B&K PT3 series 2. Both are nice but looking for something with a bit more air, detail and transparency. Maybe the Bel Canto mentioned by Timrhu would be a good one to try.
Tzh21y - I heard the Pass a few years ago and thought it was a bit on the dry side; overall very nice though.
The B&K PT3 series 2 preamp that I just purchased on Audiogon a short time ago for $300 is really a nice sounding unit; can be completely operated from the remote and mates up very well with the XPA-2 (also has a built in tuner).