Best Power cords for Clayton M300 & Bob Carver 305

Hi All.

Looking for suggestion on best types of power cords that can match 2 different types of Amps.

I have the following:

Clayton Audio M300 Mono Blocks and the Bob Carver Black Beauty.

I been researching into Triode Wire Labs, Lessloss budget is approx 500 dollars per cord.
dragon_vibe

Showing 1 response by mitch2

It is interesting that you have the same Clayton M300 amps that I do and also the Carver Black Beauties that I was looking hard at a few months ago. I would really like to hear your take on the similarities/differences between the two sets of amps sometime.

On the Claytons, I am using 1M long DIY power cords made with Furutech FP-Alpha cable (search at Partsconnexion and on Furutech's website) and Oyaide P-079/C-079 connectors. They run directly from two dedicated 20A outlets and everything works and sounds fine. If I were doing it again, I would also consider Acrolink 7N-P4030 or Neotech NEP-3001 bulk power cable, and I wouldn't hesitate to use the Furutech FI-25 plug and IEC in gold, which I consider to be the equal of the Oyaide.

If you purchase something already made, get something with good copper in at least 12awg. Plated connectors (my preference is gold) would be nice, especially if your outlet is upgraded and plated. FWIW, Isoclean makes nice cords and I have one running to my conditioner. If I were purchasing something inexpensive, I would try the Pangea AC-9SE cords.