Best power cord for McIntosh MC 501 monoblocks

I'm looking for suggestions/opinions on what power cord to use with the McIntosh MC-501 monoblocks that will bring out detail and transparency without boom or being overbloated. I presently use a pair of Acoustic Zen Gargantua II, very nice, however I'm seeking something with the characteristics described. Thanks
mmitch7711

Showing 3 responses by dev

Mmitch7711 wrote; "suggestions/opinions on what power cord to use with the McIntosh MC-501 monoblocks that will bring out detail and transparency without boom or being overbloated."

Are you having these issues in your system right now? because these amps are not boomy or over bloated and have endless detail and transparency so there has to be another reason or reasons why if you are.

What is the rest of your associated gear, size of room etc.

Mmitch7711, that's great to hear that you don't have those issues. You have some great gear and I'm sure it sounds marvelous! Where do live because the best way would be to try some cables and find out which ones are to your liking along with seeing if a synergy happens prior to buying if possible.

My recommendations, you spoke of one Stealth Dream, if I was you I would pick-up the pair for sale right now on Gon.

Purist 20th Aver. and Virtual Dynamic Revelation

I have allot of VD cables, but the Stealth is even better but again system dependant.

Stealth has three different Dream power cords and I would be saying good by to Esoteric P70 D70 and Cary SLP-05 power cords.

Oh yeah almost forgot Valhalla digital cables Stealth Sextet all the way, make sure you get the latest because there are some for sale on Gon but older models that you don't want.

Regarding the Sextet digital and what I said "make sure you get the latest because there are some for sale on Gon but older models that you don't want."

I checked the ads and the one person selling them new should be the current version and has two, ask for the serial number and contact Stealth to confirm.