Best Power Conditioner under $1,000?

I need to get a power conditioner and I would like to spend $1,000 or less. What is my best bet?
curryma

Showing 1 response by craigndes

I personally spent a considerable amount of time looking for a top performer in power conditioners. I have seen comments that indicate that you would be better off spending your money on other items, this is nothing short of irresponsible if you are buying or own high end equipment. I have recently moved from England to the USA and the quality of the power in the US is widely known to be of a low standard. Especially compared to English standards. I would not recommend anyone risking their valued system against a power surge or spike. Being a Quality Manager within the electronics industry, I know a thing or two about quality. Ask yourself, if computer rooms in corporate offices, hospitals use power conditioners to protect their equipment, why shouldn't I? This brings me to the power conditioner I selected, it's the Chang Lightspeed ISO9000. It has two sockets for power amps, two digital and a further two analogue sockets. I personally didn't buy this unit as a 'tweak' to improve the sound. I bought it for peace of mind. Living in Nevada, the power supply here is particularly bad, so that's my reason for selcting this hospital graded unit, and it should also be your motivation in selecting a unit,....to protect your equipment. I will get off my soap-box now.