Best phono stage balanced under $3000 used

I own simaudio pre and power amp and will attempt to run it in balanced mode. I would like to get a phono stage/amp that has balanced topology and balanced outs. Now I am using ear 834p, vpi tnt, sumiko bluepoint.I want something that will bring world class sound.
pedrillo

Showing 1 response by jafox

World class sound, fully balanced phono in the $3k or less range? Wow, that is asking a lot but it is there. Keep your eyes out for the Aesthetix Io (non signature version) which is every now and then in the $3k zone. For just a little more than the going prices for the Rhea on the used mkt, the Io has the tubed power supply which gives it the rich full sound. ANd there is endless improvements to be done with all the various tube rolling in the audio and PS chassis.

And the Io is way ahead of the BAT VK-P10 and the EAR. I owned the BAT for a couple years and auditioned the EAR a number of times at a local dealer. Both are good but not "world class sound" vs. the Io.

The game is very different in the $2k or less range. And for under $1k, the ARC PH2, a fully balanced solid state unit is an incredible steal of a deal but only works for cartridges in the 1mv or higher range.