Best phono preamp? Want world class the best

I recently started to listen to vinyl, my set up is clear audio emotion table/arm grado cartridge. For phono stage I am using an ear834 deluxe.I was happy with what I was hearing on my merlins driven by sim w-5. Until I brought my ear to a show room to compare to new components, on first listening it appeared the same but then I realized there was a sense of life like sound on his $7000.00 martinson phono. This is just to high of a price for me. I am seeking to get the best sound out there, the martinson is solid state so I realized I don't have to go with tubes. My budget is up to $2000.00 for used, BUT I want the best sound possible. I will be upgrading table and cartidge soon.
pedrillo

Showing 1 response by uru975

So much depends on what you listen to(acoutic or electric) and what you listen for. I tend towards tubes and C-J's Premier 15 just did not quite cut it with an MC cartridge with your grado it probably would be more than fine. Just a thought. BTW I wound up with a Thor which is above your price but nothing else worked for me