Best phone preamp for around $500?

I’m setting up a Pro-Ject Debut Carbon DC Esprit with my KEF LS 50 Wireless speakers and need a preamp. Currently it has the Ortofon Red cartridge in it but I’ll probably upgrade that to Blue or Bronze eventually. I’ll most likely upgrade the turntable as well to something like a Pioneer PLX-1000.

What’s a good new/used $500ish preamp to grow with? I’m mainly looking at the Pro-Ject Tube Box S2 and DS.

Thanks for any input.
asahitoro
Take a look at the Jolida JD9.  I had a Pro-Ject Tube Box II (I have no experience with the other Pro-ject units you mentioned) and the JD9 put it to shame.  The JD9 offers a huge amount of loading and gain settings and will grow with you if you decide to upgrade your turntable.  You can find pre-owned ones at your budget.  Also consider the Musical Surroundings Phonomena, you can find pre-owned units in your price range.
Thanks,

I forgot about the JD9. I will check into it. I'm probably going used so I can get as much preamp as I can for my range.
Just as little bit more and you can get the brand new JLTi for about 750 USD
@asahitoro You need to ditch the wireless speakers and go with a conventional wired power amp to normal speakers. There are too many problems with wireless for true hifi. Solve that first, then look at buying a phonO stage. The wireless speakers might be repurposed for background music or something else like that. 
there is a very nice Hagerman Cornet II phono amp for sale at Audio Circle
i have one and it is amazing  
The Musical Surroundings Phonomena II can be found for that price and is very well reviewed. I love mine. 

Here is a II+ for $525. That is a great deal. I'd jump on it if I wasn't so comfortable with my II.

https://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=159883.0
The Lounge Audio LCR MKIII at $300. Can't find a better phono in your price range.