Best one-chasis CD/SACD player under $15 000?

Hi, I'm currently running an all Electrocompaniet top system with EMC-1UP as a source. However I will be changing to Classe amplification (my speakers are B&W 800 Di) quite soon so it makes sense to upgrade the source as well. Sadly Classe doesn't make CD players anymore so I'm in the market for a robust, huge and neutral sounding CD/SACD player that would be a real step up from EMC-1UP. I don't want any artificial sweetening, tubes, colorationes etc. Just pure signal. However I don't want to go separates (not to mention 4 block monsters a-la dCS). Can I buy real Hi End sound in one chasis under 15 grand?
antonkk

Showing 2 responses by bobheinatz

I own the top of the line Rega Isis at $10,000 new. I compared it with the K-03 & K-01 in my system ad bought the Rega. Check it out, no digital glare or hifi sound.
My Isis is the SS version. I was able to compare the tubed unit with the SS and like to SS better. SS was more dynamic and presented the music overall more natural. On vocals the tube unit would have a slight edge. Both unit are great and it would boil down to personal taste.