Best New speaker under $5000

I went to the new York show just looking and finally found a loudspeaker better than my brothers Acoustic Zens
The Gershman Acoustic Sonogram at $3595 I bought a pair and never looked back .The Bass goes down under 30hz solidly no loudspeaker in the price range has such a sweetspot the whole center between the speakers and superb detail and imaging.I have auditioned my brothers Adagios in my system, VR-4 juniors, Thiels, these are like a Sonus faber with more detail and better bass. the Zens are very fast slightly more than the Sonograms ,but the circular tweeter is just too soft when you need a little bite , the midbass to the lower bass the Adagio is enemic compared and as uhf magazine also stated
tight articulate low bass and excellent across the board.I have been a audiophile for over 30 years .I was told there are 3 reviews in the process including T.A.S Robert Harley ,I can honestly say I finally made a Great move. I have a Edge g-8 amp, a Consonance droplet cdp, a Dodd audio DC powered valve pre amp , and
all of the little known but excellent Soundstring audio cables.I have freinds that spent 2x the $17k I spent that admitted my system is more coherent!
audiophile1958

Showing 2 responses by nrchy

The best I have ever heard are the Harmonic Precision Caravelles, that's why I bought them. I have owned bigger and more expensive speakers, but I'm not sure I've owned better speakers.

They are hard to find used, which doesn't seem to be an issue for you, you can get them new from the factory. For a smallish two way, they are real shockers...

O

o

Oz, I had no idea. I was wondering why after having such a big presence last year, they were not to be found this year at RMAF!!!

That's really too bad as they are a great product. I know Robert was having a hard time coming up with the money to retool, after what happened with a previous partner...

O

o