Best Music Streaming Hardware Options

I’m in the process of building my system around my Apogee Acoustics Duetta Signature Series II electrostatic speakers. I just bought a BAT VK-600 amp w/ BAT pack and will soon purchase a BAT preamp. Currently, I stream Spotify at their highest 320 kbps compressed mp3 format, but I know I’ll need to get to at least CD/SACD quality. Apogees are very unforgiving towards source material that is lacking. Looking for recommendations from fellow audiophiles in two areas...
1. What is the best way for me to tackle Hi-Res streaming (Tidal, etc) from my iPhone over WIFI/Bluetooth (not sure if this is a good option compared to a player that does the streaming), cd/maybe SACD playback/upconvert? An example I’m thinking of is an all-in-one player such as Sony produces (at least as of a year ago was around $2k new).
2. Any recommendations for a tight budget are ideal. I would be looking for a preowned unit. I realize this portion will probably end up being the weakest link in the chain since my budget is tight, but trying to minimize impact as much as possible while being able to continue my obsession of discovering new music constantly like I do currently with Spotify.
Thanks in advance!
parker65310

Showing 4 responses by parker65310

Nice catch. You are right on them being planar, not electrostatic. I say that knowing I am incorrect when I stop to think about it. My dad has had these speakers since he bought them in the '80s. They are mint and have always been my favorite sounding. Love the wall of sound effect. Put out a lot of energy. I debate if he upgraded when he went to Martin-Logan electrostatics. Either way, I came out a winner in my mind :). 
I appreciate the recommendations. I will check them out. The  bluesound node 2 loomisjohnson recommends looks promising as well from what I've read about it so far.

All great info all. I do more research based on your recommendations and let you know if I more questions. Lots to absorb before I come up with a proper plan. I first need to get a BAT preamp lined-up. I’m just not sure if making the amp section of my NAD C 372 passive and running the BAT VK-600 through it is going to satisfy me enough to delay buying a preamp before a streaming mechanism. Any input in that regard is appreciated.