Best multi channel amp and processor good for 2 channel listening.

Hi All,

I am new to this forum and have a few questions in reference to HT processors.  I am starting from scratch and switching from a Krell S-1000 and S-1500.  I sold the processor a few months back and I going to list here the amp.

I am currently considering the new Bryston 9B3 and the SP4 and decision was based on upgrade ability and warranty. The speakers for HT will be Sonus Faber Grand Piano Home and for 2 channel Verity Otello’s.  My second choice was Classe but I was informed that they have all sales on hold, this is concerning.  I have not listened to either, my choice is based on reviews and the Bryston dealer.  My decision was also based they are both good for two channel, I am not set on this but it will help the budget and space.  I am looking for a warm and good over all sound; some might say 3 dimensional sound, clarity is also a factor.  Actually, all I’ve read in reference to Classe fits the bill.  I would like a couple of other choices to include in my short list and opinions are welcome. The budget for the processor and amp is approx. 22k.  

Thanks to all.....
maguiar
Caphill,

What do you think about the Furman for AC power? I was informed it is a very good product for the money and has good reviews. I was considering the Niagara 5000 but only if I can get a good deal on it.

To me personally I believe the AC power product is even more important than overly priced interconnects. I am not going cheap on cables but I cannot go into thousands of dollars for cables. I am going to give my Transparent musicwave speaker cables a shot and find something reasonable for my interconnects.
I actually did a test once and switched out the Transparent cables for cables that were sold by the foot and never heard a difference. I am looking for something reasonable that makes sense to me.
I guess I’ll start another thread for cabling at some point if there isn’t one for a broader scope on the topic at some point.
@maguiar 

Overall I found Transparent cables better than Audioquest but would generally cost lot more than Audioquest. All Transparent, Audioquest, Shunyata Research, Kimber Cable, Nordost, etc come with wide price ranges starting from couple hundred dollars to tens of thousands of dollars. For example, Transparent Wave speaker cables, which is an entry level, retail for $250 to $300 per 10 foot pair whereas the Transparent Magnum Opus speaker cables cost at least $65k per 10 foot pair. 

Shunyata Research also makes outstanding cables and AC power products but are very pricey. Shunyata products are also used by many professional advance mastering or recording studios eg Abbey Road studios, etc. Lot of hospitals also use Shunyata AC power products for their highly sensitive medical equipments. 

Furman AC power products are good but I think the Audioquest Niagara and Shunyata Denali or Hydra power products are better than Furman IMO. 
PS Audio also makes excellent AC power products. There are countless other options out there. 
maguiar,

@caphill is spot on, there are ranges in AQ much like all cables.  Choosing manufacturer and line comes with demoing and preference, more important how one cable works in one system but not well another no matter what the price.

There are so many different threads on cables and so many schools of thought.  People have different opinions.  I can only speak to what I have heard personally and analog interconnects/speaker cables make a fairly noticeable impact in my system. I recently did some cable comparisons with non-audiophile friends and they heard the difference immediately, enough where there was a discussion on pros on cons.

I definitely agree with @auxinput's recommandations on solid core conductors.  For AQ, I would recommend the copper Water or even better Earth.  Preowned you can find on the marketplace ~$300-$600.  If you need more resolution, then silver but pricing goes up 2-3x across manufacturers.

I own a Furman IT-Reference 15i and think it's great.  Though I haven't gotten into the power side as deeply as speaker/interconnect cables.
At some point I want to demo the AQ Niagara and Shunyata products.  Almost everyone I have spoken to who has tried them really liked them both.  Furman shouldn't be too bad in comparison since their lead design, Garth Powell, left to join AQ a little while back.  He designed the Niagara power products, cables, and recently helped in the design of the new line of speaker cables.  The AQ Thunderbird Zero speaker cables I own are the most resolving copper cables I have heard.

My recommendation is build out a balanced system and not focus on just one area.  From my experience, it all makes a difference.

@caphill, do you run your amps through conditioners or directly to wall?  Some manufacturers recommend going directly to the wall, but I imagine with the higher end Shunyata and AQ conditioners it could be beneficial.