Best multi channel amp and processor good for 2 channel listening.

Hi All,

I am new to this forum and have a few questions in reference to HT processors.  I am starting from scratch and switching from a Krell S-1000 and S-1500.  I sold the processor a few months back and I going to list here the amp.

I am currently considering the new Bryston 9B3 and the SP4 and decision was based on upgrade ability and warranty. The speakers for HT will be Sonus Faber Grand Piano Home and for 2 channel Verity Otello’s.  My second choice was Classe but I was informed that they have all sales on hold, this is concerning.  I have not listened to either, my choice is based on reviews and the Bryston dealer.  My decision was also based they are both good for two channel, I am not set on this but it will help the budget and space.  I am looking for a warm and good over all sound; some might say 3 dimensional sound, clarity is also a factor.  Actually, all I’ve read in reference to Classe fits the bill.  I would like a couple of other choices to include in my short list and opinions are welcome. The budget for the processor and amp is approx. 22k.  

Thanks to all.....
maguiar
Hi guys,

I just realized I am being addressed as a male in this thread. I understand that this hobby is dominated by the male gender but you will find women that appreciate this hobby as well.  I am actually a 57 year old women that appreciates good sounding music. 

Alkaloid, sorry but sticking to my budget....   I do have the Bryston and ATI in my multi channel amp short list and would like to add a couple more. Any suggestions here?
Post removed 
Rechsm, thanks for confirming it. The Maestro was built to sound really good and not be just a feature oriented product. The fact that use top of the line burr brown dacs and use chips for each channel and a massive power supply does show how good the pre pro is.

The Maestro sounded better than anything else we compared it to.

Maguir the Nad is a very good piece also personally we don't think it sounds as good, but for its price point it is very good.

We sell all three pieces, the Anthem, the Nad and the Audio Control.

Dave and Troy
Audio Doctor NJ 
Audiotroy, do the NAD or Audio Control down-sample 24bit/96 or 24/192kHz 5.1 or 7.1 to 48kHz when room equalization (Dirac Live?) is engaged? 

FYI, this response from Anthem.

["The STR has 2.2 output channels. With ARC enabled all of these channels will be at 32/192.

The MRX/AVM will process signals in the format that matches the input. A 24/192 will be 24/192, 24/96 will be 24/96 etc… this is inclusive of ARC being run and will work up to 7.1.4 channels. The second part of the processing is up-mixing, if you have a 2.0 24/192 and want to up-mix to 11-channels you’ll need to use either of the Anthem Logics or All Channel Stereo in order for it to stay 24/192. If you use either Dolby Surround or DTS Neural then the MRX/AVM may down-sample, however the amount that it will down-sample is dynamic based on processor load and will attempt to maintain the highest level possible."]

Am I understanding this correctly? The Anthem products will down sample Dolby or DTS media which is usually video / film audio while allowing multi-channel audio to pass through?

Hi Delancey,

I know this question has come up many times but with different opinions. In your opinion what do you think effects the sound quality the most, amp or pre?