Best multi-channel 5/7 power amp for Home Theater

I have a Onkyo Pro SC-885 pre processor and it sounds really good with my Parasound 2205A 5 channel power amp(220x5). The parasound is rather old and I would like to upgrade it....Any suggestions......

REGARDS Bacardi
128x128bacardi

Showing 2 responses by fplanner2000

I'll second the Sunfire Signature power amp. It drives my center and rears for movies extremely well today, with tons of power to spare. Years ago, when I used it for my front speakers, the 2 different sound output options made bi-wiring my speakers a no-brainer and the sound was amazing for my investment. I've got all Synergistic wiring as well - you're in for a treat, especially if you add the Sunfire. I've had mine probably 4-5 years now and never had a problem - never gets hot(or even warm!!) and always dependable.
Yes, I have the 405x5 into 8 ohms. More power in reserve is always better, especially in light of how you prefer to listen. This amp won't strain no matter how hard you drive it - it will also work with other speakers you may decide to get further down the line(power doubles into 4 ohms, for example).

I am using the Reference sub ICs for my sub - pretty impressive after a relatively short break-in period.