Best monitors under $5,000/system combos

I want to build a new system around a high quality small monitor. I'm thinking of the SF Cremona Audtor, the Dynaudio Special 25, or the De Capio MM i. I also want to keep the electronics small but high quality. I'm open to tubes, but prefer the simplicity of solid state.

I live where little gear is avaiable. We have an AR dealer who sells Pro Ac, and a Classe dealer who sells B&W. There is also a dealer who sells Bryston and PMC.

I'm leaning toward the SF speakers with Carey tube amps, or if I go solid state, the Pass 150.5 and a Pass preamp.

I know this is a very broad question, but if there is someone who can point to me in one direction or another (either to or away from something), I'd be grateful.

I listen mostly to piano music, opera, and chamber music of all sorts. Once in a while some jazz. I also listen to coral music of all sorts. Seldom any rock.

I just sold a system consisting of Bryston electronics, MG 3.6R speakers, a Oracle Delphi table.

Thanks everyone.

MMC
msmcelwee

Showing 1 response by raquel

I have not heard it, but it is my understanding that the recently released Dynaudio C1 monitor is superior to the Special 25 and the best stand-mounted monitor speaker that Dynaudio has made.

It costs more than the Special 25, but I do not know how much.