Best mid-range for $3K

Want to make this simple.  My budget is $3K on used market.  I want to find a speaker in my price point with the best mid-range?  Suggestions?
I know ATC is famous for this but cant afford them.
robmag

Though not a very well known and/or popular/trendy loudspeaker (few dealers and fewer reviews, though there was a rave by Robert Greene in TAS a couple of years back and Harry Weisfeld enthusiastically recommended them to the readers of his VPI Forum), auditioning the Eminent Technology LFT-8b is an excellent idea. ET offers in-home trials, and direct-sales to those without a dealer within 150 miles of the interested consumer.

A pair of magnetic-planar drivers (similar to those of Magnepan, but push-pull rather than single-ended, for more linear operation and lower distortion) cover the 180Hz to 10kHz frequencies, with NO CROSSOVER in that range! A single ribbon tweeter takes over at 10K, and an 8" woofer in a sealed enclosure frequencies from 180Hz down.

True-to-life instrumental and vocal timbre and color, along with almost-ESL transparency. The LFT-8b presents an easy-to-drive, almost-purely resistive 8 ohm load to the power amp, and sounds great with tubes. Two pair of binding posts are provided for bi-amping or just bi-wiring. All for $2499 for a NEW pair, a remarkable value.

If you have a bigger room and want a bigger planar, the Magnepan MG3.7 can occasionally be found for $3000/pair, or the improved 3.7i for about a grand more. The 3.7 is a more difficult load (4ohms nominal) than is the LFT-8b, and benefits from more power. It is also somewhat larger than the LFT-8b, measuring 6’ x 18" to the LFT’s 5’ x 13". Both great loudspeakers, but there is also the smaller/cheaper Magnepan MG1.7i. I like it less than the LFT-8b, but the 1.7i has many happy owners. I would rather own any of these planars to ANY dynamic/box loudspeaker I have ever heard, no matter the cost. And I have heard Vandersteen, Magico, Wilson, Marten, and many others. As they say, ymmv!

I have heard the ET and second the opinion it should be on your list for sure !!!!

i would sell off some of the amp collection ( wow some greats you have ) and consider widening your budget a bit
aTC and Vandersteen would them make my list

Post removed 
Ive heard the 8bs in a home system. OK for small jazz but did not boogie when required

You can buy NEW Emerald Physics KCIIs or used KCII Pros for < $3K

but Ill bet the new small Magnepan for $650 would suit you well. Use the rest to upgrade other stuff