Best MC Cartridge $300.00 or less

Decided to try a Moving Coil phone cartridge. Turntable is a Harmon Kardon T 60 and pre amp id Threshold FET 2. Any suggestions?
ferrari

Showing 2 responses by gmele

For what its worth I have had the original Bluepoint and the BBS in my system. My current cartridge is the Dynavector 10X4, and yes it does blow away the BBS in every regard. After a long run of upgrades in my system, I couldn't come up with the extra scratch for the Benz Glider so I got the Dyna. I have been surprised at how good that cartridge is. It has won quite a few shoot outs at various mags. (Not that it matters). Also a great phono stage is the EAR 834P, which is a tubed phono stage by Tim de Paravicini. New it costs $900. I find it much better than the phono stage in my Audible Illusions Modulus 3A. Between my Basis 1400 the Dynavector and the EAR my Vinyl collection has grown considerably. Although I think there is a Benz Glider in my future... Best-Gary
Felix-Thanks for the feedback. I think i'll be keeping my Dyna for a while. How do you like you Ayre preamp, I currently have an Ayre V3 amp which I love. Anything I put in it's place just doesn't sound as right to me. A truly under rated company. All the best-Gary