best match for Macintosh MC352

Need help. Have a Anthem AVM 30 preamp/processor. Want to upgrade. Have Musical Fidelity A308 CD and Definitive Technology BP7000SC Supertowers (love em). Looking to serve both for 2 channel and HT application. Budget $8,000. New to Audiogon, any help would be great.
128x128finnman

Showing 3 responses by finnman

Thanks Theo. To further elaborate I have Def Tech matching components. 4 BPVX surrounds and a CLR3000 center channel with a 10 inch powered sub. Happy with them. The surrounds are powered by a Anthem MCA 50 @ 180 wpc x 5 channels. I am overall happy with the two channel sound but find it somewhat lacking in the mids. Want to start upgrading and the AVM 30 is 5 year old technology. Wondering what processor will give me both great 2 channel sound and surround sound. Thanks in advance for anyones input.
Thanks Theo. I am the inexperienced idiot here. Failed to say that I have the MC352 and love it!!! It sounds great at 3 watts or 300!!! I can listen to this set up for hours on end. What I am wondering, if I wasn't clear, was will I see a difference if I dump the Anthem for , say, a MX120 or MX136?