BEST LOW VOLUME FULL RANGE SPEAKERS?

I LISTEN TO MOSTLY INSTRUMENTAL CLASSICAL AND JAZZ AT PRIMARILY LOWER VOLUME LEVELS. MASTER BEDROOM=AROUND 210 SQUARE FEET WITH GOOD ACOUSTIC PROPERTIES.
1) I WOULD LIKE FLOOR STANDING SPEAKERS WITH GOOD BASS INTO 20HZ RANGE THAT DO NOT REQUIRE SEPARATE SUBWOOFERS.
2) THE SPEAKERS SHOULD LOOK GOOD (WAF)AND SHOULD NOT BE TOO BIG,SMALLER THAN 4.5 FEET IN HEIGHT.
3) I COULD SPEND AS MUCH AS 10K OR MORE, BUT WOULD LIKE TO FIND A USED OR DEMO PAIR FOR MUCH LESS THAN THAT.
4) AT THAT MUCH MONEY, THE SPEAKERS SHOULD HAVE GREAT DETAIL, AND THEY SHOULD NOT BE LACKING IN ANY AREA.
I WOULD GREATLY APPRECIATE ANY RECOMMENDATIONS. MY ASSOCIATED EQUIPMENT SHOULD NOT BE A FACTOR.
REGARDS,
JOHN
jhwalker
Wait...stop right here...isn't it a violation of some audiophile code of ethics somewhere to listen at "low" volumes?? How do you stay awake??
However, when I do listen at lower volumes and it's time for a nap, my custom Fostex with ribbon tweeter and my REL Stentor perform just fine (w/Korneff 45 amps).
Carolina Audio (carolinaaudio.com) JSM and if your lucky enough to have Ronny find a pair of Jordan 7" metal driver's for a transmission line sub.
There is more to bass then just volume. There is so much detail that is simply missing in most speakers.
I have had a few Fried transmission line subs, some with
Fried drivers, some with Peerless drivers.
While either one would play a little louder then the Jordan's, none of them can match the detail, the jump factor, the aliveness.
Not even my old MG III's or Apogee Caliper's could reproduce bass like those Jordan's.
Until you have heard what most audiophile's have been missing you and most here couldn't understand. Music from Paul McCartney, Pink Floyd, etc really show off what most audiophiles really miss.
So yes. Good (proper) bass can be had without the need
for LOUD speakers.
No! Not that crap that passes for bass now a days.
You know the garbage that comes out of most car systems
and HTIAB. That's not bass. That's boom boom crap.

GTF

I think you may have a problem with bass overload in a room of only 210 sq ft. with speakers that can go down to the 20Hz range. Also, they'll have to be pulled out from the walls a good bit to sound decent. In your case, I think monitors and a sub would work out better. With the sub, you can tailor the bass response to the room better than full-range speakers will let you. Otherwise, try speakers with a 40Hz lower limit.
Once again I want to mention the Von schweikert dB99's.
They have a powered system for the 10" drivers that are designed to assist ones own amp and they are spec'd down to 20 Hz. They are 99dB efficient which helps with nice dynamics even at low volume, they have the size and looks that will work and cost new what he is willing to pay.
I can't say I've heard them but have read some great reviews on them and would like to.