Best Line conditioner under $1000 used

I am moving into a smaller house. My exsisting house has a dedicated circuit for my system. I will need to use a power conditioner for a while at the new house. I say that without knowing. I assume I need a power conditioner at the new house. It is 100 years old. I guess I am asking what my choices are. Will I benefit from a line regulator/ power conditioner or something. I have been looking at the Monster AVS2000 sig series. Looks like a real nice product.
I have done some reading and find that these items tend to add a signature to the sound. Not to sure I am happy about that. Any input?
Thanks, Scott
scottht

Showing 1 response by cello

I agree wholeheartedly with installing dedicated lines. Get some (enough for your wiring needs) 10 gauge Romex from Home Depot, send it off to Cryogenics International to have it cryoed. Also get some Porterport receptacles and then have your favorite electrician wire you up.
For a line conditioner, you can get a BMI IPLC that is a passive line conditioner that is incredible for the money. You should be able to pick one up used or a new one from BMI. Just do a search for BMI and you will a used one up for sale for $ 535.00. He is asking too much but you can contact BMI and see what a new one would cost.
I am guessing you can possibly get 2 or 3 dedicated lines (depending on how long the runs and how complicated the wiring is) and a BMI IPLC for around $ 1,000.00.
If you are interested and need help, email me off line.
Rgds,
Larry