Best KT88s (specifically for VAC Auricle Musiblocs)

I'm using a KT88 based amp for the first time - the VAC Auricle Musicblocs. I just had them serviced but one of the cheap Svetlanas blew, probably from my biasing it too high, and its been replaced by a used Genalex Gold Lion for the moment. The amps sound very good as it is, but I'd like to get the best out of them with a good matched Quad of something decent.

Ideally I would like a little more mid-range luxury and presence without sacrificing too much bass control. However lower bass is not so much of an issue because my speakers have powered subs with an active crossover (Vaughan Cabernet One).

I'm in the UK, and valve selection here is a bit limited. Nobody seems to have Svetlana Winged Cs anymore, and I've read reports of dubious quality in the later batches. Genelex Gold Lion are easy to get from good dealers who can match and measure, so that is the obvious choice. But would I be better of with some Chinese valves such as the Shuguang KT88-98? Are they going to be a bit warmer in sound to the Genelex?

I've read great reports about the Psvane KT88 T2 but they are very expensive. Also the Shuguang Treasures. The riskiest option is to buy these from Mable Audio in China, who have them up for a good price:

http://www.mableaudio.com/en/

From what I have read Kevin Hayes supplied the Auricles with the Shuguang KT88-98. These are very affordable, but I suspect that Kevin only supplies selected ones. 

I could also buy from the US, and I'd appreciate any recommendations for the best source.

andreweast
I should have said 'for reasonable money'. The prices for NOS GEC KT88 are absolutely crazy now, if you can find them! So they're out of the question.

Black Treasures are appealing, but some things I've read suggest that the Psvane KT88 T2 will be more tight and controlled than the BT as well as having more body than the Gold Lions. However I can only think of one internet post that has compared them in detail so there's not much to go on.

Yes, these are not cheap, agree, but if you look, you may find them for a good price, check vintage radio shops in UK and you may be surprised, or, here is the link for the seller I bought some tubes in the past, ask for the price, if you like

I have a VAC 160iSE integrated amp, and I'm using the Psvane KT88's. 
They are the best I've heard, but that only includes stock and the reissue Genelex Gold Lions.

The differences were not huge, in fact you may even hear a bigger difference by changing out the 12AU7 driver tubes.
Thanks, so did you find the Psvane only marginally better than the Gold Lions? There seem to be several varieties of Psvane now, including the cheaper KT88 UK, which are meant to have a slightly warmer 'classic British' sound. They are also less expensive. The KT88 T2 are the priciest, more expensive than Shuguang Treasures. 

maxmad, thanks for that link. They don't seem to have much in at the moment, but I'll keep a look out.