Best intergrated amp for under $2000

Hi, I'm looking for some help assembling my first real 2 channel system. Total budget is $5000 (amp, speaker, cables, and maybe an entry level turntable).
I'm no audiophile, I'm just looking for great sound quality. I listen to pop, rock, acoustic, jazz. here's some items I've been checking out:

Amps---Rotel RC-1090 & RB-1080 or 1090, Unison Unico, PrimaLuna ProLogue 2, Musical Fidelity Ac3.2cr, A300cr or 308,
Pathos Acoustics Classic One, Krell 400xi.

Speakers-----PSB Platiumn M2, B&W 705,704,805, ATC active 10's, Please give me some suggestions. Thanks, Robert
theb2826

Showing 1 response by dawgcatching

I have had great luck with the CODA Unison. I just sold mine to upgrade to tubes, but it was the best amp I have had in my system so far-very high current, Class A up to 35watts, and sounds very powerful yet refined (it is a real amp-55lbs). Better than my stock DNA-125. Fairly rich with alot of body for SS, but more than enough detail and no grain. Owners are few and far between, but those who have owned this unit seem to have nothing but praise (CODA stuff, like Aronov (the LS960i is another great choice) doesn't get talked about much, except by those who have had a chance to hear the gear 1st-hand).