Best Interconnects for under $300 pair

Lets face it 90% of audiophiles are in this price range, and very good cables can be bought. I have tried various cables by Kimber, AudioQuest, Cardas, but my top pick at this price is the beautiful new SilverAudio Hyacinth. I have owned SA SilverBullet 4s and thought they were superb....much better in all respects to Kimber SilverStreak, but these new Hyacinths are slightly better in all respects to SilverBullet 4, yet are almost the same price! Best value available today for audiophiles....any other contenders?
128x128megasam

Showing 5 responses by redkiwi

Glad you said it first Carl, as I was not wanting to sound negative - but the Harmonic Technology is horribly over-hyped. I have tried a whole set of their stuff over a decent period and found every one of them had some kind of anomoly that should not exist in a high-end system.
To Carl - I have made some calls but am not finding it easy to track the individual you refer to. I will probably have success or reach a dead-end this week.
Carl, it seems the gentleman with the vertical cylindrical array of ribbons has left this fair land for the bleak shores of England. But, I have a lead on a gentleman who worked with him a bit on the project and he may know the new contact details. Along the way I have not come across anyone who heard the speaker but apparently literally hundreds of magnets were involved - perhaps he found that noone in New Zealand could afford a pair and went in search of a market elsewhere.
Carl, the fellow's name is Richard Barton, and as at December 1999 was living in France, and was available at "[email protected]". I found this out through a lecturer at Auckland University, one Denis Taylor, who added that "I have built similar arrays on a smaller scale, mostly for use in teaching the Physics involved here at the university in Auckland". His email address is "[email protected]".
Carl, the "Red" refers to my hair colour (not my politics, regardless of how the NZ Govt may come across in the US from time to time), and in keeping with my hair colour it is sometimes the only colour I see - but I never mean it personally and enjoy a little jousting from time to time - something I think we have in common. You are very welcome concerning the contact details, and if that makes us "mates" then I am very pleased and I send you a sincere "G'day!"