Best interconnects 2m for less than 200/pr used

hi-
lex dc-1 pre
krell kav250a
ead pm500
b&w nautilus spkrs

looking for 5 interconnects to run at 2m length each from pre amp (2 to krell, 3 to ead pm). would like to spend <$200/pr for them and am willing to buy used of course. any advice?
bazmataz

Showing 6 responses by bazmataz

hi - a question about balancing...
my krell can handle balanced inputs, but my lexicon only has rca outputs. do 'balanced' or 'xlr' cables have rca on one side and balanced on the other? silly question, but thanks!
baz
Bryan - what about the kimber hero (or any kimber cable for that matter) in the system? thanks again for taking the time to respond. this is helping a great deal. problem is, cant find ANY of these cables used, anywhere. ppl have offered the kimber hero or the red dawn (but 1m, can't use). again, thanks... baz
bwhite -
thanks for the details...
its hard to find the aq lapis, diamond or cardas gr for the price range im looking in. anywhere to buy used cables for a decent price? usedcables.com doesnt have much of a selection.

also, what about the cardas golden cross? found a 2m pair rca for 250. thanks.
btw, i do run the krell to the mains and the ead to the center and rears. thanks
bwhite - -thanks again... yeah the golden ref is more than i want to spend. someone told me the lapis x3 is discont. is that right? i dont' really care, just curious. having trouble finding them. also, even used they seem to be >$200/pr. i am driving b&w nautilus 804s, htm2 and 805s. i like the bass the krell puts out but agree any more might be a mistake, so i'll avoid the golden cross. if i could find 5 lapis x3 i'd get them on your advice.
question about the nordost stuff... as flat cables, i assume they are still shielded? also, it might be a problem as my cables go through holes, not spaces amenable to cables passing through. i assume that too would be a problem. so maybe i'll have to pass on the nordost stuff and try for the AQ and/or cardas golden or neutral ref if i can find a good deal on 1.5m or 2m rca-rca cables... again, your comments are welcome... baz
Thanks. The guy is offering 5 Kimber Hero 2m locking RCA interconnects for $450. I'd like some higher quality ICs for the Krell tho. I guess it's tough to find a set for <$200? That's the gist of what I'm reading. I'll keep my eyes open for Cardas Neutral Ref I guess. Can't find AQ Lapis x3 anywhere, but would love three of em. hehe.. thanks again. let me know if u think i should go wtih the kimber heros. thx again. baz
bwhite -
hi - i can get 2 pair of audioquest lapis x3 - 2m and 1.5m for $500. sound good? some of the reviews i've been reading favor the cardas neutral reference, and i noticed the lapis x3 are 'discontinued' for what it's worth. should i take the two pair of lapis x3? what do you think guys?
bazmataz