best interconnect under $100 for my system????

My system consisists of the following:
EAD T1000 transport
EAD DSP7000 mk3 dac
Sonic Frontiers SFL-1 Signature preamp
Sonographe SA-250 amp
Mission 753 (original) speakers
I am using a Kimber DV75 digital cable between the transport and dac and DH Labs BL1 mk2 interconnects between the dac and preamp, and the preamp and the amp. My speaker cables are Audioquest Crystal 2, biamped. I have upgraded the dac power cord to an NBS Dragonfly and the preamp power cord to an Absolute power cord, with all my electronics being plugged into an Audio Power 2 conditioner. While the sound I'm getting is crystal clean and clear, it leans on the bright side of the audio spectrum. My speaker placement is about 11" away from the back wall and I'm getting good bass out of the 753's. I suspect that the DH Labs might be the culprit here, and of course the speakers - but I'm not about to replace the 753's as I love the looks and sound. In short, I am looking for recommendations out there for interconnects that would tame down the sizzle from my system. I have a budget of $100 a pair (in the used market of course) and am seriously considering my friend's Cardas Quadlink 5C interconnects. That leaves me with the other pair of DH Labs to replace. Comments?????
gemini
step it upa little and spend $150 (used) for the coincident.

this cable is the steal of century imo...other cables may have a little better lows or highs or imaging.

but this cable is very, very musical and beats out most cables on "soul & musicality" regardless of price. it really lets the music come through.

good luck.

mike
If you have not tried the Quicksilver pure silver IC's at www.quicksilveraudio.com, I can't say enough about them. They bested MUCH higher priced cables in my system. They are $90/meter.
a)IME, the logical, conservative plan of action would be to listen to and come to some conclusions about the Quadlink before making desicions about a second pair of interconnects.

b)Correcting highs with cables can be a more compromising solution relative to approaches like the ones added by Cody and Driver.
I used to own the Mission's and could never tame the top end until i switched from solid state. hOpe this helps, thanks.
cody
A few suggestions. If you haven't already, replace your outlet with a good quality one. Look for a P&S with brass construction or unplated Hubbell. If you're using a nickel plated or silver outlet, your problem could be there. Next, plug the amp directly into the wall.

Experiment with the room. Try moving the spkrs. around & maybe in dramatic fashion, like way out into the room. They don't have to stay there but at least you'll get an idea of what's going on. Just a little toe in makes a big difference too. Search the archives for testing your room for liveliness & make as many adjustments as necessary.

There are a lot more little things you can do but these few things should give you an indication if there's a problem somewhere else.

Moving on to IC's, my recommendation: Magnet Wire cables. Check out the info under A-gon member Motoman.

You can pick up the outlet & the magwire IC for well under $100.00. Good luck taming your system.
Audioparts' gray MAS cables, $60/m, lean a bit to the dark side, although they are silver. They're avaiable here on audiogon or http://www.audiopartsinc.com/INTERCONNECTCABLES.HTM. More balanced than kimber pbj or dh labs bl-1 in my system.
Quadlinks are a good choice.You can also try out the Kimber Kable PBJ or Hero or Silver Streak.But if you dont like the sound bright go with copper.Hope it helps,it's only my opinion.