Best Interconnect to use with APL/Denon 3910

I have recently purchased an APL modified Denon 3910 CD player, without the up-sampler technology. I am looking for interconnect recommendations. I currently own Signal Cable copper and Silver Resolution - digital cables.

The Silver Resolution produces very good inner detail, transient response, and high frequency; the qualities that I most do not want to loose.

The copper version produces better detail in cello's and drums, the two instruments that I am most interested in improving. I am particularly interested in better snare drum reproduction. Bass guitar and bass piano notes are reproduced very well with either cable.

My system is:

· APL Denon 3910
· Ayre K1x Pre-Amp (non Evolution)
· Gamut 200 Mkii Amp
· Signal Cable Bi-Wire speaker wires (copper)
· Martin Logan reQuest speakers with TNT Dynamicap capacitor upgrades to the crossovers

The character of this system is very fast and detailed. The APL does not sound much different going direct, or through the Ayre, and because I am using the phono and other inputs, I choose to leave it through the pre-amp. The Martin Logan’s have some difficulty with a dB drop around the crossover point of 200hz. I think this is the area that is causing me the most concern in upgrading with interconnects. The phono reproduction also shows this drop off, however the cello and drum performance are much more acceptable to me.

I am also planning when funds permit, to perform the latest upgrades from Alex, and buy a better power cord as suggested in the other forum on power cords for this unit. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance for your thoughts and consideration.
duffydawg

Showing 0 responses by tvad