best interconnect for less than 100???

I have a decent system: Totem 1 (biwire version) on dedicated custom-made stands (weighing more than 30lbs each stand!), Sonic Frontiers SFL-1 preamp with NOS Telefunken 12AX7, Kinergetics Research Chiro C-200 amp, and an Ultech UCD-100 cd playback. My speaker cables are Audioquest Indigo plus, interconnects are Synergistic Research Mark 2 from preamp-amp, and Straight Wire Chorus from the cd player to the preamp...I am looking to replace the SW Chorus... This is a very budget cable that received high priases particulary from British magazines...However, as godd as it is considering that it only retails for $40, I find the midrange a bit shut in and wanting in transparency. Any suggestions on a pair of either a .5m or 1m interconnect for my Ultech to the SFL-1...My budget is very limited: less than $100 for a used pair....I really don't beleive in spending a lot to get good sound from cables.....HELP!!!!
gemini

Showing 1 response by dekay

I use and have used the HT Truthlinks, Homegrown Audio Super Silver and Mapleshade (I use their digital IC, not the analog ones)and would recommend any of them. If you are looking for a more dynamic and detailed sound the Homegrowns are nice, for smooth, warm yet detailed the HT's and for a slightly less warm sound with fine detail then the Mapleshades would work. I prefer mixing the Mapleshade and Homegrown Silver's with my tube setup and enjoyed the Mapleshade/Truthlink combo with a SS setup.