Best interconnect burn-in method

I think I know the answer to this, but I just wanted to double check with everyone.  I am in the process of burning in an XLR interconnect.  The interconnect is between the DAC and the integrated amp.  I am using a laptop as the source, and it is connecting via USB cable to the DAC.  Is it true that I am still burning in the XLR IC if I leave the integrated amp turned off while playing music continuously on my laptop with the DAC turned on?  Thank you for your input.

respected_ent
Karl Popper believed science theories could be falsified, I.e., proven false by careful experiments. As fate would have it that philosophy is plainly false at least in some cases. We see frequently in audio, especially when controlled blind tests are claimed to prove such and such a thing must not work, that just because a thing is "falsified" in some test it doesn't necessary mean anything.

I agree, skin effect is an issue for audio frequencies. Don’t believe it? One need look no further than the 54 ga. conductor (thinner than a human hair) in Mapleshade’s Mikro Omega ICs to see that there isn’t really anywhere else the signal can travel except on the surface. Hel-loo! Obviously, as the size of the wire increases there is less of a skin effect. Nevertheless....