Best interconnect burn-in method

I think I know the answer to this, but I just wanted to double check with everyone.  I am in the process of burning in an XLR interconnect.  The interconnect is between the DAC and the integrated amp.  I am using a laptop as the source, and it is connecting via USB cable to the DAC.  Is it true that I am still burning in the XLR IC if I leave the integrated amp turned off while playing music continuously on my laptop with the DAC turned on?  Thank you for your input.

respected_ent
Two conditions are required for a cable to be able to break-in:1) signal, 2) some current flow.
The signal (volts following the music) are coming from the DAC, the tiny current also follows the signal and is caused by the input impedance of your amp. That impedance is there no matter if the amp is switched on. Just make sure that the input selector matches the XLR input you connect the cables to. Sometimes the input selectors disconnect the "other" inputs and the input impedance goes to "open circuit" and no current will flow. Give the break-in enough hours.
Good luck and happy listening!

respected_ent,

Just...use your cables.  If they aren't faulty, they will work fine out of the box. 

The fewer audiophile myths you fall for, the less money you will waste and the less paranoid you will be. 

Must become a debate or else these scrounges can't make the nickel they desperately need.  

Get a cable cooker. They work for burn-in and a recharge of cables when used once a year. I consider them a necessity and not a luxury for top heap audio. Mine recommends 1.5 days to burn in an interconnect using it.

Playtime 24 hours after that plus settling depending on your conductor structure.