Best Integrated Under $3000

I tried this in a earlier thread and did not receive any responses. So, I will try this another way. I am a newbie and am looking to purchase a new integrated or an immaculate used integrated. However, the more I look and research the more indecisive I become. I will be mainly using a two channel set up listening to mostly vinyl through a Clearaudio Emotion TT but some CD's as well. I will also be using the system as part of a HT (80% 2 Channel-20% HT). I have a Marantz SR-6400 to power the rears and center. The speakers are Kirksaeter Prisma 210 (very efficient). I was initially leaning toward Musical Fidelity (A5.5 new, or Nu-Vista, Tri-Vista used), but I like the McIntosh MA-6300 as well. Then a friend told me to look at the Rega Elicit which also reviews well but does not have much power. Finally, my dealer advised to look at the Atoll IN200, which also looks like a great piece and reviewed great in 6moons.

So please experienced Audiophiles, I bow to your expertise. Please grant me more knowledge from your experience on any of these models or one that is not on the list.
sebraasch

Showing 2 responses by mimberman

I think the reason you're not getting a lot of response is because there are so many threads about integrated amps in this range already. I would take the time to carefully read through them and see what you can find. Also, if possible, the best thing to do is audition these pieces yourself.
Okay, so at least we're getting narrowed down. About the TT: does that mean you need an internal phono stage, or do you have a separate one? If you don't then that narrows down your choices a good deal, as there aren't that many very good integrated amps that have internal phono stages that are very good.

I've heard the following and liked them, but not with your speakers

Plinius 9200
YBA Passion integree
Bat VK300
Jeff Rowland Concentra or concentra II